The DSF Scholarship will not appear on your award letter until we have verified you meet all deadlines and requirements and in some instances until after DSF has sent your scholarship check to your college.
Before DSF can process a scholarship award, DSF must first confirm that you have:
- Demonstrated financial need with a qualifying EFC (expected family contribution) if you are eligible for Federal Student Aid; or by qualifying for Free/Reduced Price meal benefits during high school, if you are ineligible for Federal Student Aid; and
- Enrolled full-time (12 credit hours or more) at an eligible DSF partner college. Submit a College Choice Form (CCF) through the DSF Student Portal at portal.denverscholarship.org no later than July 15, 2019 for the 2019-20 academic year to inform DSF of the college you plan to attend; and
- Completed all financial aid requirements, if you are eligible for Federal Student Aid, or if you are ineligible for Federal Student Aid, complete all requirements to be considered for institutional financial aid and ASSET, if applicable, by July 15, 2019 for the 2019-20 academic year; and
- Met Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP) requirements at your college; and
- Met all Student Success Requirements (SSR) in the previous term, if required.
Scholarship awards may not be received before tuition or other educational expenses are due. Ask the Office of Financial Aid at your college about an option of setting up a payment plan.